Welcome to HomeoGuide.com
Homeopathy is a system of complementary medicine based on the administration of minute doses of drugs which are capable of producing in healthy persons symptoms like those of the disease being treated. The result is believed to trigger and strengthen the body’s natural immune response.
Regulation of Homeopathy
- In the United States, homeopathic drugs are regulated by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (the FDA); most are sold as over the counter (OTC) drugs.
- The Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States was specifically recognized as an “official compendium” I in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938, which created the basic structure by which all drugs are regulated today.
- Like all drugs, homeopathic drugs must be manufactured by FDA registered drug manufacturers according to strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- The labeling of homeopathic drugs must meet FDA regulations and include indications, dosages, disclosure of all ingredients and any required warnings.
- The labeled uses for homeopathic drugs are based on traditional homeopathic practice. They are not reviewed by FDA.