Welcome to HomeoGuide.com
Homeopathy is a system of complementary medicine based on the administration of minute doses of drugs which are capable of producing in healthy persons symptoms like those of the disease being treated. The result is believed to trigger and strengthen the body’s natural immune response.
- Homeopathic medicines are an important category in complementary medicine.
- Homeopathic medicines typically are made from natural substances including plants, minerals, chemicals and metabolic factors.
- Homeopathic medicines are available in a wide variety of dosage forms including tablets, pellets, capsules, chewable tablets, liquids, creams, gels, nasal sprays, eye drops, topical patches, lozenges and suppositories.
- Homeopathic medicines are regulated by the FDA as a type of over the counter (OTC) drug. Homeopathic manufacturers are subject to inspection by FDA and state inspectors for quality and compliance with drug regulations. However, FDA does not review or approve indications found on the labels, which are based on traditional homeopathic practice.
- Homeopathy is part of the medical systems in many countries around the world, including England, Ireland and Scotland, most of Europe, including Germany, France, Spain, Holland Switzerland, Belgium, Iceland, Hungary and Italy, along with Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, India, Israel and Russia.
- Homeopathy is taught at Naturopathic colleges in the United States, some of which offer homeopathic residencies.
- Homeopathy is used by veterinarians, dairies and pet owners to treat dogs, cats, cows and horses along with many other animals.